Packed Red Blood Cells
You may order the serum either fresh or frozen You may also order certain blood types other than AB+, such as O+, A+, etc.
- Indate Shelf life varies depending on the anticoagulant used.
- Outdate Considered expired according to guidelines outlined by AABB. These are suitable where applications do not require indate of fresh red cells.
- Erythrocytes are concentrated by centrifugation. After centrifugation, the packed cells are separated from the plasma, then refrigerated at 2-5° C.
- May specify blood type (ie A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-, O+, O-).
- For research purposes and/or manufacturing purposes only.
- To specify Medical Condition, refer to legend below and add appropriate abbreviation to the end of the catalog number, separated by a hyphen.
PEM = Pre-menopausal women (on or off hormone modalities, including birth control)
POM = Post-menopausal women (on or off hormone replacement therapies)
SMK = Smokers
NF = Nicotine Free
CD = Caffeine Free
DF = Drug Free (Please specify drug)
LIP = Lipemic
FAST = Fasted
- To specify Race/Ethnicity, refer to legend below and add appropriate abbreviation to the end of the catalog number, after the medical condition (if applicable), separated by a hyphen.
B = Black
C = Caucasian
A = Asian
H = Hispanic